Took a little time to video the process of inserting glass eyes into a decoy. In this example, I am inserting Tohickon glass eyes into a goldeneye drake.
- #123 10 MM blended yellow aspheric eyes from Tohickon (https://www.tohickonglasseyes.com/shopproductdetail.asp?prodID=59&catID=1)
- 2-part epoxy wood putty (water soluble).
- 10 MM Charlie Hall eye hole drill, or similar size forstner bit.
- Dental pick, with wide and pointed end. Used to push putty into eye hole and adjust angle of the eye.
- Sharp carving knife and sand paper, to later relieve some of the wood around the eye and fair the edges.
You can find the short video here: http://youtu.be/9trkMYAdn9E